The simplest pleasures in life - such as reading a book, holding your grandchildren, or even talking with friends - can be taken away suddenly when you suffer an illness or injury to your nervous system (the brain, spinal cord and/or peripheral nerves).
The CAMC Neuroscience Center is southern West Virginia's advanced center for diagnosing and treating neurological diseases and traumatic injuries.
Located on the campus of CAMC General Hospital, the center's services include:
- Neurosurgery (brain tumor, brain injury, spine/back injury, spinal surgery)
- Our highly-skilled spine and brain surgeons perform high tech procedures, often using minimally invasive techniques for less pain and faster recovery.
- Our neurologists provide coordinated stroke care and rapid-response stroke diagnosis and treatment as part of CAMC's certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Our neurology team also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of migraine.
- Medical rehabilitation
- As the largest hospital-based medical rehabilitation program in the state, CAMC's Medical Rehabilitation Center includes physiatrists who have completed specialized training in brain injury and spinal cord rehabilitation, physiatrists who hold the Functional Independence Measure Certification, and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited programs in stroke (adult), brain injury (adult and children), inpatient and outpatient spinal cord rehabilitation (adult and children) and comprehensive rehabilitation (adult).
- Neurological intensive care
- Emergency/trauma services
Map your way to the Neurosciences Center
Neuroscience ICU (NSICU - 4 East) | Neurodiagnostics Lab