CAMC Health System is consistently recognized for quality health care, outstanding marketing campaigns and community outreach.
Click on a category below to view awards:
Patient and community service
Education and research
- The only recipient in WV of the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™, placing CAMC among the top 5 percent of hospitals in the country for mortality and complication rates.
- Recognized by The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association with the Stroke Silver Quality Achievement Award for maintaining 85% on Stroke Performance Measures for 12 consecutive months.
- Recipient of the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association's Target Stroke Honor Roll
- CAMC Memorial Hospital was recognized by the The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association with the Get With The Guidelines Resuscitation Bronze Quality Achievement Award
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Specialty Care for bariatric surgery, spine surgery and cardiac care.
- CAMC General Hospital received two additional years' verification as a level 1 trauma center from the American College of Surgeons.
- The CAMC Weight Loss Center is recognized as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- The CAMC Breast Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. It was the first accredited breast center in the state.
- Medical Rehabilitation was recognized as a 2011 Top Performer by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation for achieving top decile (91%) performance in the UDS Program Evaluation Model, the largest data base for Medical Rehabilitation in the world (797 facilities).
- General and Memorial hospitals were re-certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, effective October 2010.
- Recognized as a Second Year Top Performer by QUEST, a program of the PREMIER Healthcare Alliance in 2010.
- Recipient of the Hot Shot award from the West Virginia Immunization Network for the 2009/2010 employee flu vaccination campaign and for "going above and beyond" the call of duty to increase immunizations.
- Named a Best Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital by US News and World Report. Ranked 42nd nationally in July 2009.
- CAMC's Cancer Program was awarded a "3 Year with Commendation Approval Award" on March 30, 2009 by The American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer. The commendation was awarded in two areas where the results exceeded the standard requirements: Prevention/Early detection and Cancer-related improvements.
- CAMC General Hospital was a recipient of the 2009 and 2008 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence placing it among the top five percent of hospitals in the nation for clinical excellence.
- Recipient of an award for innovative work with a Soarian product. CAMC is one of four hospitals in the U.S. to receive the award for using Soarian workflows to increase patient safety and timeliness in the Women and Children's Medicine Center.
- For the second year in a row, CAMC was named one the top performers in the CMS/Premier Healthcare Alliance Pay-for-Performance's Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration project that rewards hospitals for delivering higher quality care in five clinical areas. CAMC was rated third best of the participating hospitals and finished the third year in the second decile in the areas of hip and knee replacement, heart failure, open-heart surgery and heart attack and the fifth decile for pneumonia.
- Recognized by Harvard School of Public Health researchers in an analysis of Hospital Quality Alliance data as the top performer in health care quality in composite measures of health care quality in four areas as reported in Quality Matters, November/December 2007.
- Recipient of a Bronze Performance Award from the National GWTG (Get With the Guidelines) Steering Committee of the American Heart Association for achieving at least 85% compliance in the seven core measures for three consecutive months.
- Named to the Community Value IndexTM (CVI) Five-Star hospitals list by Cleverly and Associates in March 2007 for financial viability and plant reinvestment, cost structure and charge structure. Measurement in these areas suggest that hospitals operating with a high degree of community value are those that are low cost, low charge, and use a strong financial position to reinvest back into the provision of care at the facility.
Patient and community service
- Recipient of West Virginia Kids Count "Business on board with Childcare!" Award and Navigator Award for providing a childcare-friendly workplace and serving as an advocate for better childcare.
- Recognized by The Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE) with a "medal of honor" and received the W.Va. "Governor's Award for Life" for increasing organ, tissue and cornea donations.
- Named a 2012/2013 Consumer Choice Award winner by the National Research Corporation
- for hospitals and health systems chosen for the best overall quality and image through a comprehensive consumer assessment recognizing the hospitals and health systems chosen as among the best by those they serve.
Education and research
- Received continued accreditation as a result of a 2012 site visit by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Received continued accreditation status for internal medicine, medicine-pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology and vascular surgery residency programs. CAMC Institute is the only hospital-based provider of CME in West Virginia that is nationally accredited.
- Recipient of a 2013 Bronze Telly Award for the "Power of Technology" Imaging Services television commercial
- Recipient of the Healthcare Marketing Report's 30th Healthcare Advertising Awards Bronze award for the "Distracted Driving" Outdoor Billboard (2013)
- Recipient of the Healthcare Marketing Report's 30th Healthcare Advertising Awards Bronze award for the CAMC Play Patch (2013)
- Recipient of the Healthcare Marketing Report's 29th Healthcare Advertising Awards Gold award for "Don't Text and Drive" Outdoor Billboard (2012)
- Recipient of the platinum 2009 HealthLeaders Media marketing award in the service line category for the marketing campaign for the fertility center, "Strong Swimmers."