Getting your mammogram isn’t a big deal.
Not getting one could be.
It’s time – schedule your mammogram today.
You know that getting your annual mammogram is really important. That’s why CAMC makes it easy to fit it into your busy life, with four convenient locations, easy appointment scheduling and walk-ins welcome.
- The Breast Center
- CAMC Imaging Center – Kanawha City
- CAMC Imaging Center – Southridge
- Teays Valley Hospital
To schedule your mammogram, call (304) 388-9677.
Our board certified radiologists, registered radiologic technologists and professional staff are committed to providing you with the best care available.
- Breast Biopsy (minimally invasive)
- Breast Ultrasound
- Computed Radiology
- Digital Mammography
- Digital X-ray
- MRI Breast Imaging
American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Women age 40 and older should have a screening mammogram every year, and should continue to do so for as long as they are in good health.
- Women in their 20s and 30s should have a clinical breast exam (CBE) as part of a periodic (regular) health exam by a health professional, preferably every 3 years. After age 40, women should have a breast exam by a health professional every year.
- Breast self-exam (BSE) is an option for women starting in their 20s. Women should be told about the benefits and limitations of BSE. Women should report any breast changes to their health professional right away.
Women at high risk (about 20% or greater lifetime risk based on family history or history of prior treatment with radiation) should get an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and a mammogram every year beginning at age 30. Women at moderately increased risk (15% to 20% lifetime risk) should talk with their doctor about the benefits and limitations of adding MRI screening to their yearly mammogram.