Understanding your test results
We want PatientLink to be a convenient and useful way for you to manage your health information. Here are some important things to note about what you may see in PatientLink:
- Information in PatientLink is not a substitute for discussion with your health care provider. If you have any concerns, please discuss them with your physician or other health care provider during his or her normal office hours.
- Our online Health Information Center will be available to search in PatientLink if you have general questions about tests or results. You can learn more about many common tests and procedures, including lab tests, medical imaging tests, surgical procedures and others.
- The results and documents that are available in PatientLink are the same documents that your providers see, so some of the information will be technical and may not be easy to understand.
- In some cases, it is possible that you will see a test result before your provider has had the opportunity to contact you. If you have questions about a result, please contact your provider during normal office hours.
- Your test results will be available in PatientLink for 18 months from the date they are released. If you think you may need to access them longer, please print them for your records.
- Questions about an abbreviation in your record? Click here to view our reference document for abbreviations.