Why choose an accredited breast center?
The CAMC Breast Center is the first accredited breast center in the state, and the only accredited breast center in the region. It is accredited by the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAP-BC). Learn more about why you should choose an accredited breast center.
To receive accreditation, centers must meet the standards of the NAP-BC through a rigorous application process and on-site survey. Centers that are accredited meet or exceed the standards for quality breast care.
The CAMC Breast Center:
- Has board-certified surgeons and specialists
- Offers rapid referral to surgeons for breast biopsies, with detection to diagnosis within 48 hours
- Was the first breast center established in West Virginia
- Offers a patient navigator who is with you every step of the way
- Has direct access to the largest cancer center in the state with seven oncologists and a full array of radiation oncologists
- Cares for the largest number of breast cancer patients in the state
- Is the most technologically advanced, with the region's only MRI-guided biopsy program and the latest stereotactic biopsy table technology
- Offers digital mammography and breast ultrasounds
- Specializes in breast nursing care
Find an accredited breast center | NAP-BC Patient Resources