The CAMC Breast Center is the first accredited breast center in the state, and the only accredited breast center in the region. Its physicians treat the largest number of patients with breast cancer in West Virginia.Why choose an accredited breast center?
The Breast Center provides all of a patient's breast care in one place, by a team of physicians, nurses and technicians who are specialists in breast diseases. Because the care is comprehensive, diagnostic studies like mammograms, evaluation by surgeons and even procedures like breast biopsies can all be accomplished in one visit. These services are also what make this breast center different from others.Behind the Scenes: Your First Mammogram
What are the advantages of having your care at the CAMC Breast Center?
- Board certified breast surgeons who will be able to see you the same day you call for an appointment
- Specialists with the most experience in the treatment of breast diseases in the state
- Provides an expert breast nurse navigator to guide patients through the system, providing support, symptom management and coordination of care
- Most up-to-date equipment available so patients can be evaluated and diagnosed without the usual type of surgery
- Offers digital mammography and ultrasound, interpreted by radiologists who are experts in breast diseases
- Nurses specialize only in diseases of the breast
- Provides a risk evaluation as part of the normal routine, because patients should know their risk of developing breast cancer
- Provides 3-D mammography, also known as breast tomosynthesis, which enables physician to have three-dimensional view of the breast and allows them to examine tissue layer-by-layer.
The Breast Center is located at 3415 MacCorkle Ave. SE on the third floor. Patients are strongly encouraged to schedule both their screening and diagnostic mammograms. Scheduling a mammogram can help patients avoid long wait-times and ensure timely review of results. To schedule your appointment, please call (304) 388-9677. Walk-in appointments are available for screening mammograms and bone density screenings Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Directions from your location to the Breast Center